Translate

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mini-Rant

Ok, I'm going to preface this by saying: I don't hate every single book I read. I swear--on the River Styx. However, as an avid fantasy reader it takes a lot to impress me. Unless an author whacks me over the head with something stunning, I am not going to be content. Sure, I'm the first one to admit that I'm jaded, but that should be the challenge right? Impress me. Make even the most bitter reader weep at the beauty of your prose, of your characters. I am that bitter reader and I can't abide by people gushing over things that don't deserve such high accolades. My standards are too high, I know, but I'm a perfectionist and I think that too much garbage gets published and lauded. By all means, take what I say with a grain of salt, but I am really trying to express my honest opinion on the books I read. Oh, damnation, why is everyone still in my library?! At least have the courtesy to pick up your socks if you're going to throw them on the floor!

Vervain says: "Lady Adriana Ivy likes to complain. Ignore her. She's moderately misanthropic. However, she does have a good eye for books...I must admit."

No comments:

Post a Comment