Translate

Friday, April 13, 2012

It was a dark and stormy night...(if I ever read a book that starts like this I will give it the lowest ranking possible)

Welcome unlucky travelers, to the Unseelie Realm. I apologize because it seems you have stumbled upon the wrong court of Fey--not that we aren't thrilled to have you--we really are. However, if you wish to delight in the wonders of music and merriment, I'm afraid you will be disappointed. You see, here in Unseelie we like to amuse ourselves at the expense of hapless mortals. Never fear, never fear. They'll not find you in my library. So please, stay a while and I'll captivate you with my horrifically critical opinions on the literary endeavors of your fellow humans.

All verbal vomit will be ranked on a scale of 1-13 (1 being fit only for those varmints in the Seelie Realm and 13 being so deftly written that I would stoop so low as to say I might have even enjoyed reading the work). I will post twice a week with commentary on different books in the fantasy genre.

Categories:

Overall Merit

Characters- The character development and "likeability"

Blush Factor- Level of romance/smut--pretty self explanatory

Structure- Technical proficiency and believability within the novel

Plot- Development of a believable and exciting story

One further note: should any brash humans wish to request a review, they may do so at their own risk...

No comments:

Post a Comment